Pages

Monday, June 8, 2020

Early Encounters in Aotearoa

Hello did you know European explorer to arrive in Aotearoa was Abel Tasman?
. The year he arrived was 1642 and he named New  Zealand nova Zealandia. The next explorer was James Cook and he arrived in 1769 and the chief navigator helping the explorers was Tu Paia and the Europeans brought  pigs and  potato to Aotearoa. A musket is an old type of gun/a rifle and the musket wars ended in 1830s the ratio of Maori to Pakeha in Aotearoa in 1840 was 40 to 1. Thank you for reading and good bye.
Should New Zealand also be called Aotearoa? Petition launched to ...

2 comments:

  1. A good overview of events Daniel, supported by a clearly defined map of NZ. Maybe think of adding pics of the explorers and muskets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I will do that as soon as I have time to do it.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.